Thursday 12 March 2009

My first post...

As a new blogger I'm still finding my feet but felt it necessary to write my first blogpost however mundane. The world of blogging intrigues me. An online area for all to see, if you choose so, where you can write about your thoughts, feelings and opinions freely. I am currently writing a blog about online identity and can't help but think that maybe blogs are a way to glorify ourselves, make ourselves seem intelligent and witty. Are they self-righteous? Is it ignorant to think that somebody else actually wants to hear about our thoughts on issues, news pieces and industry news etc. or is it just a great way to communicate with peers, professionals and like-minded people who share your interests? Hmmm, I shall continue to ponder this whilst I finish my online identity blog.

Stay tuned... or... will keep you updated... whatever sounds the least self-righteous!!?

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't worry overly about being self-righteous. A blog is pretty much the ultimate in pull media - you can try and broadcast it, but people will only read it if they want to. Commenting on other people's blogs, on the other hand...

    The most important thing is not to care whether other people read it or not, and to enjoy the writing of it - if nothing else, writing's fun, and doing more of it will make you better at it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete